Saturday, May 11, 2013

West Coast Trip: Day 2

The overnight bus trip from Phoenix to Los Angeles wasn't too bad. The bus was crowded and the seat was small but I was able to get a few hours of sleep. All told, taking the bus was well worth the $200 saved compared to the alternative of getting a hotel in Phoenix and flying to Los Angeles the next day. We arrived in Los Angeles just before 9 AM where my aunt picked me up. We ate breakfast at The Pantry, a well-known 24-hour diner type place just down the street from the Staples Center. I had a ham and cheese omelet which hit the spot after the long bus ride. The area around the Staples Center was newly developed with a couple of high-end hotels, new apartment buildings, and L.A. Live (an entertainment complex with the lots of attractions and restaurants).

We then went back to my aunt and uncle's house where I took a much needed shower and nap. After I took a nap, my aunt drove me to my uncle's work. He works for a company that makes visual effects graphics for feature films. They had a room full of toy movie collectibles and movie posters signed by directors and actors. My uncle and I then went to the Dodgers vs. Marlins game.


No comments:

Post a Comment