Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Road: West Coast Trip

Tomorrow I take my first big trip of the summer. I am headed to the west coast to see the Diamondbacks, Giants, A's, Dodgers, Angels, and Padres.

The first stop on the trip is Phoenix, Arizona. I am flying out of Grand Rapids and arriving in Phoenix around noon and going to the Diamondbacks vs. Phillies game at 6:40 PM local time. I am then taking an overnight Greyhound bus from Phoenix to Los Angeles, where I am staying with my aunt and uncle. The Dodgers play on Friday night but I don't know if I will go to that game or wait until later in  my trip to go to Dodgers Stadium.

On Saturday evening, I am headed to my 3rd metropolitan area in as many nights: the Bay Area. I am meeting up with one of my college roommates and staying with another friend who now lives in the San Jose area. I will be going to the Giants game on Sunday afternoon and going to the A's game on Monday night. I am also excited to explore San Francisco during the day on Monday.

I fly back to Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. The Angels and Dodgers both have games on Tuesday and Wednesday. Depending on what I do on my first stint in Los Angeles, I will go to either just an Angels game on Tuesday/Wednesday or Angels and Dodgers games on consecutive night. My last city on the trip will be San Diego on Thursday. San Diego is only two hours south of my aunt and uncle's house and I should be able to road trip it. I return to Michigan on the red-eye flight on Friday night / Saturday morning giving me all Friday to go to beach one last time.

My biggest fear on this trip is rain. If the Giants or A's get rained out, the chances of seeing a game at all 30 ballparks takes an earlier hit. As of now, there are no big threats of rain in the forecast for San Francisco, San Diego, or Los Angeles. I am certainly crossing my fingers though!

No comments:

Post a Comment