Friday, May 17, 2013

West Coast: Day 6 and Day 7

I left my friends place in San Jose early on Tuesday morning to catch my plane back to Los Angeles. My cousin picked me up at the airport and drove me back to my aunt and uncle's house. After taking a little while to get organized after my trip to the Bay Area, I went down to the beach. The end result of the beach was a bad sun burn and a terrible tan line on my neck. I then watched the L.A. Kings playoff hockey game with my cousins and uncle as they are huge Kings fans.

The next day, my aunt and I hiked up to the Hollywood sign. The trail to the sign was fairly steep and took us about an hour and a half roundtrip. I was a little surprised to see that the Hollywood sign was all by itself on the side of a mountain and not surrounded by houses and roads. My aunt then drove me through Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and past a couple of movie studios. In Hollywood we stopped at an In-N-Out and got a hamburger the classic California fast food restaurant. The burger and fries were definitely better than any other fast food I have had before. We also stopped at a landmark cupcake shop where you can get gourmet cupcakes out of a vending machine. We then drove back to my aunt and uncle's house, picked up my two cousins, and headed off to Orange County for the Angels game.



No comments:

Post a Comment