Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Road: Heart of America

After a detour from my ballpark trip, I am on the road again to cross off 4 more stadiums from my list. I am headed down the middle of country and making my way back up stopping in Houston, Dallas, Kansas City, and St. Louis. This trip will take about a week and is my last vacation before I start work next Monday.

Today I am going to begin making my way down to Texas. I am splitting the 20 hour drive into two days. The second day will conclude by attending a Astros game at Minute Maid park. The next day, I will make the drive north to Dallas and meet up with a friend from college. We are then planning on going to the Rangers game on Tuesday, July 2nd.

My next stop will be in southeast Oklahoma to spend a couple days with my cousin who is a professor at a university down there. I don't know exactly what we will do but we have talked about going fishing one of the days. After Independence Day, I will continue with the final two ballparks on my trip. I will head to Kansas City for a night game on July 5th and then cross Missouri for a Saturday day game in St. Louis. I will meet up with a friend from high school and his fiance at one of these last two stops but we are not sure which one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment