Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cup Collection: Heart of America & Detroit

I have updated the Souvenir Cup Power Rankings to include cups from the five most recent stadiums I have attended. These are cups representing the following teams: Houston Astros, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals, St. Louis Cardinals, and Detroit Tigers. The four cups I acquired on the Heart of America trip are in green font while the cups I will acquire from trips where I attend two or fewer ballparks will all be in black font.




Rankings after the trip to Comerica Park:
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  2. Kansas City Royals
  3. Philadelphia Phillies
  4. Houston Astros
  5. New York Mets
  6. Washington Nationals
  7. San Diego Padres
  8. Texas Rangers
  9. Oakland A's
  10. Los Angeles Dodgers
  11. Boston Red Sox
  12. Baltimore Orioles
  13. Minnesota Twins
  14. Milwaukee Brewers
  15. Los Angeles Angels
  16. San Francisco Giants
  17. Chicago White Sox
  18. St. Louis Cardinals
  19. New York Yankees
  20. Detroit Tigers
  21. Chicago Cubs


Notes on rankings:
  • The Royals and Astros cups are the same style as 6 other cups. I feel this cup style is superior to the other cup styles in terms of structure and space for graphics. Consequently, all 8 cups of this style are ranked in the top 11 of the latest rankings.
  • The Rangers have two cups: one that was refillable and one that was not. I bought the one that was refillable and someone in my section left the non-refillable cup. The refillable cup is a 3/4 scale replica of the style of the Royals and Astros cups. I like the design and colors of the refillable cup. The non-refillable cup is pretty non-desrcript but it isn't terrible.
  • The Cardinals also has two cups: one for pop and one for beer. These cups are exactly the same style as the Yankee cups. After just using the pop cup, a few creases developed near the neck of the cup. I wrestled back and forth weather to rank the Yankees or Cardinals higher. I like the Yankee pop cup more than the Cardinal pop cup but I prefer the St. Louis beer cup over the Yankee beer cup just enough to rank the Cardinals higher.
  • My hometown team, the Detroit Tigers, has a terrible cup. The design on the cup is not bad but could be better by using actual players instead of generic baseball players. The style of the cup is what gives it a No. 20 ranking on the list. The cup is the same style as the Cubs cup and is reminiscent of a large cup that you get at McDonald's or Taco Bell. The only defense I make for the cup is that it was not officially listed as a souvenir cup. However the cups were displayed on top of the pop dispensers to market to guests.





No comments:

Post a Comment